January Author Spotlight - Amanda Bouchet Interview Part 1


AMANDA BOUCHET  
INTERVIEW
PART 1

  1. Hi Amanda!! Thank you so much for doing this! You always write creative, magical stories that always have me in awe. Where do you get your ideas from?
Thank you for inviting me! I’m mostly a “fly by the seat of my pants” writer so ideas come to me as I write. I usually start out a book with only the beginning scene in my head and then build from there with whatever comes naturally to move the characters and the plot forward. For the Kingmaker Chronicles, the magic and fantasy world took shape from the first scene of the first book (A Promise of Fire), but then I expanded on it to encompass much more than just one person and one place. As for where I get my ideas, it definitely takes some brainstorming and writing down and keeping notes—and seeing what works and sometimes discovering what doesn’t work after writing a scene. It would be fun and maybe easier if everything just magically came to me or filled my head in a dream, but that’s not how it works for me. A lot of the time, I sit at my computer with the keyboard in front of me just thinking. I guess that’s my version of plotting ahead!


  1. If you could switch places with any of your characters, who would it be and why?
To be honest, I don’t think I’d want to live in Thalyria! At least not until our Alpha couple accomplishes their goals. I’d probably be killed in battle on my first day, and that would be that. Lol.

But if I were to switch places with one of my characters, that would definitely up my chances of survival, since they’re such kick butt warriors. So…it would have to be Cat, of course! She’s a powerful queen, a good, caring person, and she’s got Griffin—yum!


  1. We all love books! What are some of your favourites?

This is such a hard question! There are so many! If I think about books that have really stayed with me and affected me in some way, though, or made me absolutely crave the next installment in a series, there are a few that stand out:

The first 5 books of the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas
Christy by Catherine Marshall
Remember Me by Lesley Pearse
The Matchmaker of Périgord by Julia Stuart
Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck


 

               


  1. Heart on Fire is the final book in the Kingmaker Chronicles. Was it hard to write? Did it leave you with a bittersweet feeling?

They were all hard to write! But also a thrill to put together, with characters and a world that I love 😊 For me, Heart on Fire was the most emotional of the three books to write. I found myself crying a lot, not because I was sad, but because the characters were making me feel so much. I was happy to wrap up Cat and Griffin’s story, though, and don’t feel too bittersweet about it, because I was really ready to give them the future they deserve after all their trials. I also want to return to the Kingmaker world to tell more stories, so I don’t feel like it’s the end, but more like the start of the next phase.


  1. I am so excited about your next series—the Nightchaser series. Can you tell us what we can expect in the first book?

Thank you! It’s a futuristic romance where the captain of a rebel spaceship gets herself into a really sticky situation and needs some help getting out. The problem is, it’s very hard to know who to trust, especially when you’re not used to trusting anyone. In this new series, you can expect adventure, action, tough choices, romance, emotion, and a new couple that, I have to admit, has absolutely stolen my heart!


  1. Tell us one random fact about yourself.

Rapunzel is my favorite Disney Princess. She kicks butt, stands up for herself, and has great hair



FOR MORE INFORMATION ON 
AMANDA BOUCHET VISIT HER 
WEBSITE AND LOOK OUT FOR PART 2 OF THIS INTERVIEW NEXT WEEK !!!








.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Reason To Read The Billionaire Voice By J.S.Scott

Release Day Launch -Tell Me A Truth By Tamara Lush

Release Day Blitz- Billionaire Undaunted By JSScott