ARC Book Review - The Dead Seekers By Barb & JC Hendee

                                                   SYNOPSIS
In the New York Times bestselling Noble Dead saga, Barb and J.C. Hendee created an engrossing mix of intrigue, epic fantasy, and horror. * Now, they present a bold new series set in the same world, where the destinies of two hunters shaped by the shadows of their pasts are about to collide... 
In the dark reaches of the eastern continent, Tris Vishal travels from village to village, using his power to put unsettled spirits to rest. He works alone, having learned that letting people close only leads to more death. Still, he finds himself accepting the help of the Mondyalitko woman who saves his life a woman whose gifts are as much a burden as his own. 
Mari Kaleja thirsted for vengeance since the night her family was taken from her. She has searched far and wide for the one she thinks responsible, known only as The Dead s Man. But before she can kill him, she has to be sure. Mari hopes traveling with Tris will confirm her suspicions. But as they embark on a hunt where the living are just as dangerous as the dead, she learns the risks of keeping your enemy close... 
Because it s no longer clear who is predator and who is prey."




REVIEW

The minute I saw the synopsis and cover for The Dead Seekers I knew I just had to read it . I was so happy that I was able to get an ARC of this book and I dived into it as soon as I possibly could .The Dead Seekers is an amazing start to this series.

In this book we mainily follow Mari and Tris, its been a while since I have read a book were the two main leads were had such a platonic relationship and even though  in this book there was nothing romantic going on between them.I still have hope that they will  at some point in this series have one lol , but back to what I was saying about there relationship, I loved these two  together  in the beginning there is little to no  trust  between them and after reading the blurb you can understand why, but there is definitely a bond between  that forms over the course of this book. In a way  they begin to depend on each other and grow to care for each other. Mari is a shifter and Tris is know as The Dead man because of how his power connects with the dead spirits , I loved seeing them use there powers.  It was just so cool , I mean at some points it got a little creepy especially with Tris's powers lol but it was fascinating . We spend a lot of this story seeking out dead spirits that need to be put to rest,  some of the scene with the spirits were just  down right chilling ,but so cool at the same time . I just  loved how everything came together in this story it was fantastic. With an unlikely  friendship , an interesting cast of characters , all of the fascinating paranormal and magical aspects and of course a  plot that kept my eyes glued to the page , Barb& JC Hendee created a unique fantasy tale with The Dead Seekers.

The Dead Seekers was a thrilling , adventurous epic fantasy story and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book in this series. If you love all these things in your  books I suggest you get a copy of this book when it comes out January 3, 2017

RATING
5/5 STARS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Reason To Read The Billionaire Voice By J.S.Scott

Release Day Launch -Tell Me A Truth By Tamara Lush

Release Day Blitz- Billionaire Undaunted By JSScott